Paraclete High School Cheerleading Tryout Information
Thank you for your interest in trying out for Spirit Cheer. Included in this information sheet, you will find the following information: cheer clinic/tryout information.
The following MUST be present at first day of tryouts before you can participate in clinics or tryouts: school physical forms and grade check (transcripts or last report card) demonstrating the minimum GPA of a 2.0. Information sheet and rules and regulations will be available in the Paraclete front office as of June 2nd.
Cheerleading clinic/tryout Dates:
- Cheer clinic will consist of material that the cheerleader will learn to perform at the tryout. Cheer clinic will begin August 7, 2017 and continue until August 9, 2017 from 3:30 – 5:00.
- Cheer tryouts will be held on August 10, 2017 time and location to be announced.
Selection of a cheerleader to join the squad will be based on the following (these will all be taught to you):
- A cheer and dance
- Jumps (A toe touch, a side herkie, and a front hurdler)
- Overall Spirit – which includes commitment, attitude, leadership, teamwork, work ethic, enthusiasm, and coachability (these will all be observed during tryouts)
What do you wear to tryouts?
- Please wear comfortable, length appropriate shorts and a t-shirt (no midriff showing). Dress as if you would dress for participation in a sport practice. No denim or jewelry. Your hair should also be off your shoulders and in a ponytail. You should wear comfortable tennis shoes – cheerleading shoes if you have them.
- On official tryout day, you will need to wear red, yellow or black shorts and a solid red, yellow or any t-shirt that shows school spirit. Your hair must be out of your eyes and no jewelry.
Please download and print the PDF’s below. They should be completely filled out before the first day of try-outs.