Paraclete High School Cheerleading Tryout Information
Thank you for your interest in trying out for Spirit Cheer. Included in this information sheet, you will find the following: cheer clinic/tryout information. If you should have any questions, please email the cheer advisor, Atzimba Villalobos at email@example.com Thank you.
The following MUST be present and filled out completely by the first day of clinics before you may participate in clinics or tryouts: school physical forms, information sheet and rules and regulation. All forms will be available in the Paraclete’s front office.
Cheerleading clinic/tryout Dates:
• Cheer clinic will consist of material that the cheerleader will learn to perform at the tryout.
• Cheer clinic will begin Monday, April 30th and will go until Wednesday, May 2nd, 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
• Cheer tryouts will be held on Thursday, May 3rd, 2018 time and location to be announced.
Selection of a cheerleader to join the squad will be based on the following
(these will all be taught to you):
• A cheer and dance
• Jumps (A toe touch, a side herkie, and a front hurdler)
• Overall Spirit – which includes commitment, attitude, leadership, teamwork, work ethic, enthusiasm, and coachability (these will all be observed during tryouts)
What do you wear to clinic/tryouts?
• Please wear comfortable, length appropriate shorts and a t-shirt (no midriff showing). Dress as if you would dress for participation in a sport practice. No denim or jewelry. Your hair should also be off your shoulders and in a ponytail. You should wear comfortable tennis shoes – cheerleading shoes if you have them.
• On official tryout day, you will need to wear red, yellow or black shorts and a solid red, yellow or any t-shirt that shows school spirit. Your hair must be out of your eyes and no jewelry.