PURPOSE OF THE LIBRARY
The Paraclete High School library provides a dynamic, welcoming place for study and scholarship for both students and staff. Patrons of the library have access to academic resources both in print and on-line. The book collections and the computers are tools for students and faculty to pursue research for classes and their own individual private reading. The print materials and electronic databases are chosen specifically to support the curriculum.
Regular school days: 7:15 am – 3:00 pm
Minimum days: 7:15 am – 1:00 pm
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Courtesy and consideration for others is expected at all times.
- Treat library books, equipment, and computers with care.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed in the Library.
- Tables can accommodate only four people at a time.
- There is no loud talking allowed. Very quiet conversation is appropriate for groups.
- Return materials promptly and in good condition.
MATERIALS CHECK-OUT RULES
- All materials (books, etc.) are checked out at the charging desk by the Librarian.
- Books circulate for two weeks; they may be renewed as needed.
- The due date is stamped on the inside of each book.
- Reference materials DO NOT LEAVE THE LIBRARY.
- The fine is 25 cents for each day the book is overdue. Notices of overdue books and fines will be sent out periodically. If the matter of the overdue book or fine is not settled within one week of the notice, you may be referred to the Deans for the theft of school property.
- If a book is lost or damaged the student will be charged the replacement value of the book and fine (if necessary).
COMPUTERS & COPIES
- Students may use the computers in the Library before school, during break, and after school.
- Material may be printed out from the computers. The fee is 25 cents per page.
- The library has a copy machine. The fee is 25 cents per page.
1. Follett Destiny