Last Revised: October 12, 2020
- Policy Updates
- Information We Collect
A. Throughout the use of our mobile application, information about you and the actions you take will be collected in three different forms or categories: (i) Direct Collection, and (ii) Indirect Collection or Third-Party Collection. Some examples of when these types of data collection occur include when you submit a Help Desk form or Preorder from the Cafe.
- i. Direct Collection
a. We collect Personal Information directly from you when you explicitly supply it to us, such as when you submit a Help Desk form or Preorder from the Cafe. This information includes your first and last name, Paraclete High School provided email address, personal email address, phone number, your six-digit Paraclete High School student identification number, and any other information you may give to us, such as to submit a descriptive Help Desk form. You may also provide us with the personal information of other people, such as their name, phone number, or email address. You are responsible for requesting and receiving permission from them in order to supply us with their information. You may also permit us access to information on your mobile device, such as any associated email account names.
- ii. Indirect Collection or Third-Party Collection
a. Some information is collected by us or by providers that are performing tasks that we have instructed them to do. This mobile application utilizes Google Analytics/ Firebase Analytics. Such tasks include registering what you do in the mobile application, how much you download within the mobile application, and if you are connecting to our backend servers or database. We may also collect your device’s make or model, or IP address.
A. We use your information for business services, customer service functions, and for the purpose of improving the application through analytics. This is all done to ensure your needs and requests are met accurately and within a reasonable amount of time.
We use the personal information you directly and indirectly provide in order to:
- i. Process, analyze, and respond to your service requests through the Help Desk functionality of the application
- ii. Process, analyze, and send your mobile preorder within the Cafe functionality to our internal partners
- iii. Communicate with you through Push Notifications that use your device’s registered Firebase token, which is created when you first open the application
- iv. Research, develop, and improve the mobile application’s experience using the analytical data that is gathered during normal use by you
- v. Comply with any applicable laws through which we may be required to process your personal information under certain laws or regulations, and comply with lawful governmental requests
- vi. Maintain records for internal administrative purposes
- vii. Process your personal information in order to fulfill any services at your direction, with your consent
- i. We may share your personal information within Paraclete High School to ensure your needs and requests are met and fulfilled, such as when you put in a Help Desk ticket or Cafe preorder request.
- iii. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers in order to fulfill any service requests that cannot be completed within Paraclete High School.
- iv. We may disclose your information if it is required by law or is required to maintain safety or security.
- v. We may share your information with other companies or providers when you give us your consent.
A. We store your information in order to successfully fulfill any service requests you make when using the application’s functionality that requires you to provide personal information. This information is stored for a reasonable amount of time, and may extend past your agreement with Paraclete High School.
- i. The information you provide is stored on servers owned by Google and any of their subsidiaries or partners. However, we take great care in protecting and privatizing your provided personal information according to any applicable laws or regulations regarding privacy and data retention.
- ii. When your personal information is not needed, or has passed beyond any data retention periods allowed by law, it will be destroyed.
A. We take every precautionary step and measure to ensure that your information is protected, secure, and away from prying or unnecessary viewing. We use physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your information. Your information is limited to the select people that require your information to complete their tasks and fulfill your service requests. However, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed by any other person not authorized to view, store, or share your personal information.
A. When you download and install our mobile application you are given the choice to accept or reject Push Notifications from us and the application. If you choose to enroll in the Push Notification service then you will be assigned to all categories and types of Push Notifications until you decide to remove yourself from this service.
A. You can choose at any time to request that we cease all collection of your personal information within this mobile application. This is only viable if you, the user, decide to not submit Help Desk tickets or mobile preorders. Through these means, we will no longer be receiving your personal information. Should you decide that you do not want us to maintain and store your personal information after any service request has been met, you can email us at email@example.com. Furthermore, you have the option to remove yourself from the Push Notification service that the application provides by navigating to your device’s Notification Settings and toggling it off.
A. This mobile application is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us Personally Identifiable Information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section, below. If we can confirm that we have collected such information, we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible. For students in our learning management system and related products, we may collect and store certain information as required to provide learning management tools to the school, teachers, and students who use such tools.
A. We welcome any questions, comments, or concerns and you can contact us through phone, email, or mail. You can reach us at (661)943-3255, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail us at 42145 30th St W, Lancaster, CA 93536.
- i. For any application or data related requests, questions, concerns, or inquiries please contact us at email@example.com.
- ii. For any student issues, requests, or questions please submit a Help Desk ticket within the application if comfortable to do so.
- iii. For any requests, questions, concerns, or inquiries not related to this application please contact us at (661)943-3255.