Check out this link: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/paraclete-high-school-lancaster-ca to view scheduled streaming games. Go Spirits!
Rick McGuire – Co-Athletic Director
“I have been a teacher and coach at Paraclete since 2003, with this last year as the Assistant Athletic Director. My career at Paraclete began as a coach in 1978. I have a BA in Criminal Justice, and a Masters in Secondary Education. I am currently the Social Studies Department Chair and AP Government teacher. I have coached both levels of football as the Head JV Coach and Varsity Assistant, and I enjoyed being a part of the 5 CIF Titles and 1 State Championship. I was the Head Varsity Boys and Girls Track Coach from 2003-2018, winning 15 consecutive Boys and Girls League Championship Titles. I am married to my wonderful wife Suzanne (Orr), Class of 1978. We have three awesome children who are also alumni of Paraclete: Morgan (‘00), Amanda (‘01) and Peter (‘05). And soon Jude McGuire, our grandson, will be a member of the Class of 2030. I am very excited about taking on the job as Co-Athletic Director. Looking forward to the new challenges ahead, as well as continuing the athletic greatness that this school has accomplished over the years.”
Rick Bruce – Co-Athletic Director
“Jesus says ‘Lower Your Nets’ and that has been my calling for the last 44 years. I am Mr. Rick Bruce, Paraclete High School Athletic Director. Serving students as a Catholic School Educator is truly a blessing in my life. I became a teacher/coach right out of college in 1977 and am now heading into my 45th year as an educator with 36 of those years in Catholic schools and, I am now very excited to be starting my 33rd year as an Athletic Director for Paraclete High School. Along with my vocation as a Catholic educator, my family and tennis are my passions. My wife and I have been married for 37 wonderful years and we have two married adult children, ages 29 and 27. They are the joys of my life. I played college tennis in the mid 70’s and have coached tennis throughout my career. I am also blessed to have been able to coach varsity basketball for 15 years as well as varsity volleyball, baseball and softball at different points in my career. I am thrilled to be starting a new chapter in my life as Athletic Director of Paraclete High School. Go Spirit Nation!”
For your convenience, we have set up the Student/Athlete online registration.
ALL student/athletes will see this site before playing sports at Paraclete.
Step by step instructions:
● Go to www.athleticclearance.com
● Click on CA (California)
● Click on Create an Account
● The next screen will be the PARENT name (NOT the Student’s), user email and password.
(You are creating an account and anytime we need to notify you (the parent) of an expired physical, you will get the email).
● You will then have to verify your email.
● Once you’re back on the website, Click on the top button labeled “Start Clearance Here”
● Type in the school name (Paraclete), click on the correct year, and then click on the sport your student will be playing. If there are multiple sports your student wants to play, click “Add new Sport” for each one. Then click next
● Follow the steps with student information. If you do not know your student’s ID, type in N/A. Click Save and Continue when finished.
● On the next screen fill out the Parent/Guardian info and Click Save and Continue.
● On the next screen answer their medical history to the best of your ability and Click Save and Continue
● On the next screen fill out which school you attended last year and then Click Save and Continue.
● On the signatures page, type your name in the parent signature boxes (you do not print anything out unless you are keeping for your records). Then have your student type in
their name in the signature boxes, then Click Submit.
● On the next screen read the statement about where to turn in your physical. Click Save and Continue.
● You do not need to print out the confirmation message regarding the blue physical card, just make sure to sign the back of the blue physical card.
Congratulations! Your student/athlete is now registered for sports at Paraclete. You will get a confirmation email stating you have completed the online process. Another emai will be sent to you once your student is fully cleared. Athletic clearance is pending until physical verification, academic eligibility is checked, and any transfer documentation is approved by CIF.
Paraclete Athletic Department
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Schedules have Moved! Visit HERE!