REGISTERING FOR THE NCAA CAN BE DONE DURING JUNIOR YEAR. We will not send a transcript until you finish Junior year—as instructed by the NCAA. If coaches and parents have questions, please call or email Mr. Landa (943-3255, ext. 113, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Pierson (943-3255, ext. 119, email@example.com). Follow the link below to get started with registering (which includes a $90 NCAA registration fee).
If you are a Division I or II candidate, make sure you are taking the right courses and are certified by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Get started by registering at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Remember to send the NCAA your SAT/ACT scores using the code 9999!
Beginning August 1, 2016 there will be new requirements for college-bound student-athletes enrolling full-time at an NCAA Division 1 college or university.
- Minimum core-course GPA of 2.30 required for competition
- Ten core courses required before beginning of senior year for competition;and
- Slight changes in GPA/test score index (sliding scale)
For an explanation of the rules in detail please see the NCAA New Rules power point on the bottom of the page.
Division I REQUIREMENTS: If you plan to enter college, you will need to present 16 core courses:
- Four years of English.
- Three years of Math (Algebra I or higher).
- Two years of Natural/physical science (one must be a lab science).
- One year of additional English, math or science
- Two years of Social Studies
- Four years of additional core courses (from any area listed above, or from foreign language, non-doctrinal religion or philosophy)